Sunday, August 17, 2008

shining hours...again

Months ago, I promised myself that I would use this blog to record shining hours. I have not kept that promise, for as I look back at my posts I see dark dusty cloudy days. Admittedly, it has been a rough year, full of loss and physical challenges. But there have been so many shining hours...why don't I talk about them? Is it because the darker times must be written down to make sense of them or to release them? Is it because I find them more newsworthy? Perhaps I think no one wants to read that I had a great Saturday evening watching Britcoms on PBS and eating a concoction of leftovers that only my husband the genius chef could make appetizing?

Last week was a dark tunnel week, a week when loss and depression filled my mind and seemed to paralyze me. As always, it was difficult for me to admit even to myself that I was depressed. Yet when I finally did, I cried out to Jesus...the Light..the Lifter of My Head...my Beloved...and He answered, brightening my outlook.

Today I am on the edge of a migraine. My home is full of undone tasks that taunt me with accusations of failure. But in my quiet time I came across a glorious verse:

I am the light that shines through the cosmos;
if you walk with Me,
you will thrive in the nourishing light that gives life
and will not know darkness. (John 8:12 The Voice Revealed)

Glory be to God who has shown me that Light.

No comments: