Wednesday, February 20, 2008

stress and burdens and peace

My feeling of being blessed within the stress lasted about three minutes. Long enough to click "publish this post". And then anxiety set in. A practically sleepless night followed, and by last night I was just a quivering blob of panic. Too many burdens and I'm not handing them over to Jesus like I should. And my Bible sits near my bed, unopened, because I feel incapable of focusing on anything deep. This is rather silly, as a Psalm would probably be just what I need.

Yet within the stress and the anxiety and the exhaustion, a still small voice penetrates the fog, whispering words I committed to memory long ago.

"...out of weakness, made strong" (Heb. 11:34)
"In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul." (Psa. 94:19)
"Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matt. 11:28)

No comments: