Monday, February 18, 2008

stressed...and blessed

My dad moved into an assisted living center last week, and all seemed well, until we ran into a bit of a glitch with the financial aspect of this, and I need to get him on medicaid. Now.

I have his power of attorney, but I don't have any of his financial information. He has a church friend helping him keep his bills in order, so I think I can get his financial stuff, it will just take a few phone calls and e-mails, and some time. And then there is the disposal of assets....and a million details...and I am overwhelmed.

But I keep remembering Extreme Makeover Home Edition last night. The team was building a house for a family whose 19 year old son was blind and confined to a wheelchair. He had such a positive outlook on life!

And then there was a shooting not too far away from us, that took the life of a boy my husband once taught.

I've felt a bit whiney lately -- with the never-ending cold, and sick kids, and back pain, and stress about my dad...but I have to remind myself that I can see and I can walk, and I have three beautiful children and the sweetest husband in the world. I am blessed.

No comments: