Friday, January 18, 2008

I've lost almost 3 weeks!

Moving the bookcase was a very bad idea. I spent as much of the next 2 weeks in bed as possible (3 kids 6 and under don't let Mom stay in bed too much!). This week we all had colds, my head has been too foggy to focus on much more than homeschool and sleep.

Today the fog cleared a little and I was appalled at the disaster area my home as become! What a mess! I tried to straighten up a bit, we were going to receive hand-me-down beds for the children tomorrow, but my friend's truck is not available to accomplish the move of the beds. I was too exhausted to keep straightening up without the threat of People Seeing the House, so I laid on the couch tonight and watched Jeeves and Wooster with my husband. Nothing like a little British comedy to help one ignore one's troubles. Tomorrow I have planned a long bath with A Mother's Rule of Life, followed by a bit of "Lord, I Can't Handle This" prayer.

I don't know how I'll ever get the house into order. The vacuum has been broken for 2 weeks, the floors haven't been mopped in 2 months, the playroom is a disaster, the bathrooms need a good scrubbling, and there's just STUFF everywhere. I don't know where to start. I am overwhelmed, but I'm going to read a little Adrian Plass, and drift off to sleep.

No comments: