Monday, March 10, 2008

Praying with Psalm 18

I love You, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress,

and my deliverer,
my God, my mountain where I seek refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold.
I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I was saved...

O Lord my strength,
You are the changeless dependable rock today
while I am uncertain and worried.
You are worthy of praise--
and I praise You for carrying me through last week--
and I praise You that Your strong arms will carry me through this one.

I called to the Lord in my distress,
and I cried to my God for help.
From His temple He heard my voice,
and my cry to Him reached His ears.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
He pulled me out of deep waters.

...He rescued me because He delighted in me.

Oh Lord,
"distress" describes my emotions today;
I know You hear my cries to You,
and though I don't feel "rescued"
at this moment
the thought of Your delight in me
gives me joy.

Lord, You light my lamp;
my God illuminates my darkness.

God--His way is perfect;
the word of the Lord is pure.
He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is a rock? Only our God.
God--He clothes me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

My lamp on a dark day,
my guide when the way is foggy,
my shield and my refuge
when life overwhelms...
Clothe me with strength, Lord.
Be my rock!

(Psa. 18:1-3, 6, 16, 19, 28)

No comments: