Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Praying with Psalm 9-10

I will thank the Lord with all my heart;
I will declare all Your wonderful works...
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.
Those who know Your name trust in You
because You have not abandoned
those who seek You, Lord...

Lord, why do You stand so far away?
Why do You hide in times of trouble?...

But You Yourself have seen trouble and grief,
observing it in order to take
the matter into Your hands.
The helpless entrusts himself
to You; You are a helper of the fatherless..
Lord, You have heard the desire of the humble;
You will strengthen their hearts.
You will listen carefully.
(Psa.9:1, 9, 10, 10:1, 14)

Lord,
I praise You and thank You for Your goodness and guidance.
I put my trust in Your name
Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father!

But sometimes I don't feel Your nearness,
and those times come on the dark days,
the worrying days,
the wearying days.

Yet You assure me that You see
my trouble and my grief,
and You hold the entire situation in Your hands!
I am helpless,
You are my helper.
You hear me,
You strengthen me.
Help me remember Your words.

No comments: