Sunday, June 7, 2009

Adorning the Gospel, June 7 09

Today's Gospel Reading:

Matthew 28:16-30 (CEV) Jesus' eleven disciples went to a mountain in Galilee, where Jesus had told them to meet him. They saw him and worshiped him, but some of them doubted.
Jesus came to them and said: I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth!
Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.


Though Jesus was ending His time of being physically visible in the world, He promised "I will be with you always." In Hebrews 13:5 this promise is rephrased, and tied to a command: "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”(NKJV) I'm supposed to be content, because Jesus is with me. He is enough. As the old hymn "How Firm a Foundation" says, "What more can He say than to you He has said, to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?" He will never leave me. What else does He need to say? Nothing. His presence is enough.

"...that they may adorn the teaching of God our Savior in everything." Titus 2:10

No comments: