Thursday, February 19, 2009

Collage of Readings, Thursday February 19

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father,
You have brought me in safety to this new day:
Preserve me with Your mighty power,
that I might not fall into sin,
nor be overcome by adversity;
and in all I do direct me to the fulfilling of Your purpose;
through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen. (Book of Common Prayer, quoted in Divine Hours)
God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my life. (Psalm 54:4)
He brought them out of darkness and gloom and broke their chains apart. Let them give thanks to the Lord for His faithful love and His wonderful works for the human race. (Psalm 107:14-15)
Let whoever is wise pay attention to these things and consider the Lord's acts of faithful love. (Psalm 107:43)
Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men. (Colossians 3:23)
...Pay attention to the ministry you have received in the Lord, so that you can accomplish it. (Colossians 4:17)


Heavenly Father,
Preserve me
Lift me from gloom
Direct me to fulfill my ministry enthusiastically
ministry to my husband
my children
my friends

Sustain me

I will consider Your acts of faithful love
I will pay attention to Your word
I will follow You
with Your help
Amen

No comments: