Thursday, April 24, 2008

Praying with Psalm 35 & 36

...I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will delight in His deliverance.

...My tongue will proclaim Your righteousness,
Your praise all day long.

Lord, Your faithful love reaches to heaven,
Your faithfulness to the skies.

God, Your faithful love is so valuable
that people take refuge in the shadow of Your wings.
They are filled from the abundance of Your house;
You let them drink from Your refreshing stream,
for with You is life's fountain.
In Your light we will see light.
Spread Your faithful love over those who know You,
and Your righteousness over the upright in heart.

(Psa. 35:9, 28, 36:5, 7-10)

O Lord,
You know my anxious heart today.
You know the stresses--
large and small--
that take away my peace.
Yet You are my peace, Lord--
turn my eyes back to You.
Show me how to proclaim Your praise
instead of my stress.
Spread Your faithful love over me--
a warm soft blanket of comfort--
giving me peace and hope and rest.

No comments: