Friday, March 14, 2008

praying with Psalm 28-30

May the Lord be praised,
for He has heard the sound of my pleading.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him,
and I am helped.
Therefore my heart rejoices,
and I praise Him with my song.
The Lord is the strength of His people;
He is a stronghold of salvation for His anointed.
Save Your people,
bless Your possession,
shepherd them, and carry them forever.

O Lord, my strength and shield,
You are my stronghold,
my place to hide
when criticism leaves me wounded.
You carry me when I am too weak to stand.

The Lord gives His people strength;
the Lord blesses His people with peace.

You turned my lament into dancing;
You removed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
so that I can sing to You and not be silent.
Lord my God, I will praise You forever.

Lord,
my friend told me I was grieving.
I hadn't labelled my emotions yet,
but it is an accurate word.
Grieving because my dad no longer
seems like my dad.
Grieving because I now have to manage the finances
for the man who taught me to tithe and save
and balance a checkbook.
Previous seasons of grief
have shaped my life
my personality --
and driven me to You.
Use this one too, Lord!

(Psa. 28:6-9, 29:11, 30:11-12)

No comments: