Saturday, February 23, 2008

Praying with the Psalms

[The happy person's] delight is in the Lord's instruction, and he meditates on it day and night. (Psa. 1:2)

Oh, Lord, when life seems low on delight, remind me to seek Your Word.

The Lord watches over the way of the righteous... (Psa. 1:6)

Lord, I don't know where my way will take me today, but I have peace, knowing You are watching over me. (And thank You, Lord, that I am "righteous" through You, not through my own pitiful attempts at a holy life.)

But You, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the One who lifts up my head (Psa. 3:3)

How I need that shield, and that lifting up, today, Lord!

I will both lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, Lord, make me live in safety. (Psa. 4:8)

Only You gave me relief from anxiousness last night, Lord, giving me a peaceful, though interrupted, rest.

No comments: