Thursday, February 28, 2008

Praying with Psalm 16-17

Protect me, God, for I take refuge in You.
I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You."
Lord, You are my portion and my cup of blessing;
You hold my future.
I will praise the Lord who counsels me...
I keep the Lord in mind always.
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad,
and my spirit rejoices;
my body also rests securely...
You reveal the path of life to me;
in Your presence is abundant joy;
in Your right hand are eternal pleasures.

My steps are on Your paths;
my feet have not slipped.
I call on You, God,
because You will answer me;
listen closely to me;
hear what I say.
Display the wonders of Your faithful love,
Savior of all who seek refuge...
(Psa. 16:1-2, 5,7,8,9,11, 17:5,6,7)

O Lord my Refuge and Counselor,
You hold my hand
and guide my steps.
Keep me in constant conversation with You,
and open my eyes
to the evidence of Your love for me.

No comments: