Sunday, February 24, 2008

praying with the psalms, Sunday

...I enter Your house by the abundance of Your faithful love...(Psa. 5:7)

Listen to my words, Lord; consider my sighing.
Pay attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for I pray to You.
At daybreak, Lord, you hear my voice; at daybreak I plead my case to You
and watch expectantly. (Psa. 5:1-3)

...Let all who take refuge in You rejoice; let them shout for joy forever.
May You shelter them, and may those who love Your name boast about You. (Psa. 5:11)

The Lord has heard my plea for help; the Lord accepts my prayer. (Psa. 6:9)

O Lord, Lifter up of my head,
Your abundant love calls to me, and I bring my burdens and requests to You.
I know You hear my sighs, my grumbles, my anxious thoughts.
I missed a daybreak meeting with You today, but You met me at 10 and again at 5.
And Your presence carried me through the day.
I don't know how the next two weeks will unfold, but You do,
and I can expect You to continue to carry me.
You are my refuge, my joy, my shelter. I will proclaim Your goodness!
Thank You for listening.
Amen.

No comments: